Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's not easy being green

Green beans
Green grass
Green poop
From my...

Just kidding.

Do we have to write in poem form? Because I'm not.

Green is and always has been my favorite color. When I am out shopping, the green stuff always catches my eye first. Money is green. I love green beans and broccoli. Both green. My purse is green. My eyes are green. I live in the part of Oklahoma called "Green Country". Beautiful rolling hills (more like bumps) of green. (And hay- not so much green, though). Tulsa is full of beautiful green trees that provide such nice shade for me. The coasters on my coffee table are green. I am eating my supper from a bowl that is green on the inside. Kermit the Frog is green, and I love Kermit. Christmas trees are green- Christmas is my favorite time of year.

When I see the color green I just feel like I gravitate towards it. It stirs something up inside me. I cant explain what it is. It's sort of the same feeling I get when I am out taking pictures.

I love green so much you'd think i'd want to "go green" along with the rest of the world.....

but I don't. I like throwing away plastic. It's more convenient.

There. I said it.

I dont want to go green.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

You can write any way you want Ames! I too love the color green. It is my favorite color. In fact, I have 3 gal pals and we each have our own color nickname, Red, Pinky, Blue and Green. I am Green! I hope someday I can make you my famous chicken and broccoli casserole. When I look at the grass and the trees sometimes my eyes fill up with tears. And there is a song you need to know - by Rich Mullins called "The Color Green". I love you and I loved your green thoughts. April picks the next topic!